Utilities to Call Before Closing

Several weeks before your closing date, it is necessary to contact the local utilities and, either close your accounts (as a Seller) or open your accounts (as a Buyer).

The phone numbers listed below are for King County and the City of Seattle residences.


1. City of Seattle (water/sewer/garbage + electric)                  206-684-3000

2. Qwest                                        (telephone)                                1-800-244-1111

3. Puget Sound Energy                 (gas)                                       1-888-225-5773

4. Comcast                                       (cable)                                     1-888-266-2278

5. Bergman Lock & Key                (change locks)                         206-323-5300